Staying Independent and Housing Options
There are many different types of equipment available to help you stay independent in your own home.
The types of equipment you may find helpful could be;
- rails to help you safely move around your home
- kettle tippers, easy to use taps or utensils for the kitchen
- raisers for furniture to make it easier to get in and out of
- adapted devices for sensory impairments
- rails, seats and safety features for the bathroom or toilet
Some providers offer help with your daily living tasks, household maintenance and personal care. There is also help available, via an assessment, to assist your to choose the right equipment, care and support for your needs.
District Councils are responsible for the majority of housing needs however, if you have care and support needs there are a number of schemes available.
For general housing matters contact your local District Council:
- Boston Borough Council
- City of Lincoln Council
- East Lindsey District Council
- North Kesteven District Council
- South Holland District Council
- South Kesteven District Council
- West Lindsey District Council
For information about other forms of housing for people with care and support needs visit the Lincolnshire County Council website.
For a list of Care Homes visit the Home Care Agencies and Care Homes section