Text size:

National and Local Guidance

National Homes for Ukraine Guidance 
Guides for sponsors/hosts

When your guest arrives

What to do if your guest will be temporarily absent from your accommodation.


Ending sponsorship or rematching


Guides for guests

Arriving and living in the UK


Access benefits and essential services


Work and tax

  • Find a job
    Where to find work, who can help you and how to access skills based training for employment.
  • Working in Healthcare in the UK
    The regulations about working in any healthcare role, and how to register with the appropriate accredited bodies.
  • Your rights at work
    What you can expect from your employer and what your responsibilities are as an employee. What to do if you think you are being treated unfairly at work.
  • Paying tax
    The types of tax you will pay as an employee and how this could affect any benefits your claim.
  • Paying taxes in the UK if you work for an employer based in Ukraine
    Find out about paying Income Tax and National Insurance contributions if you arrive in the UK but are still working for an employer in Ukraine.







You are here as guests in accordance with one of the following UK Immigration arrangements:

Ukraine Family Scheme Visa

If you came to the UK to join the household of a family member, it is important to note that you did that by mutual agreement and personal arrangement. The expectation is that you will continue to reside with your family for as long as you need that safe place to stay, or if you are able to source your own accommodation. Whilst the local authorities are not involved in that arrangement, you may find some of the information on this website useful to you during your stay.


Homes for Ukraine Scheme

Those who offer a home to people fleeing Ukraine, are called a “sponsor”. They have registered their interest in being a sponsor with the UK Government. The sponsors offer of room(s) or a property is for a minimum of six months, but ideally for as long as your, as “guests” need a safe place to stay. Guests will be able to live and work in the UK for up to three years and access benefits, healthcare, employment and other support.

For more information on these national schemes and the role of the Lincolnshire councils, please visit the Ukraine Response page


How to provide biometrics

Once you are in the UK, to provide your biometrics within six months you need to visit Ukraine Scheme BRP (visas-immigration.service.gov.uk). Once your details have been received, you will be told how to provide your biometric information. This might be by using the ID Check app on your phone or by visiting a centre in the UK. You should do this as soon as possible and you must do this within six months to enable you to stay in the UK for three years.

You can call the free 24/7 helpline on 0808 164 8810 if you are in the UK for help with any questions about the scheme.


Lincolnshire County Council
Wellbeing Lincs

Wellbeing Lincs is a countywide service funded by Lincolnshire County Council supporting adults across Lincolnshire to achieve confident, fulfilled and independent living. Wellbeing Lincs have established a service designed to assist Ukrainian citizens who have moved to Lincolnshire through the family, or sponsorship schemes recently launched by central government.

We can provide emotional support, as well as help accessing statutory services such as health, education, benefits and council services including housing. We can also help link you with community support services and charities.

While we will attempt to assist with requests for help outside the above list, we are not able to provide general updates to the public on where to send donations, or how to receive assistance for Ukrainian citizens who have been in the UK since before the current conflict.

To access our service please provide us with your name, address, contact information and a brief idea of your main reason for contacting us to ukraine.wellbeing@e-lindsey.gov.uk. We will contact you as soon as possible to discuss how we can help, which will usually be within two working days. You can also use our dedicated contact number; however, you should be aware, the telephone line can be very busy, so email is the quickest way to make contact. Our telephone number is 01507 613044 and will operate between 9am and 5pm Monday to Thursday, then 10am to 4.30pm Friday.


Urgent social care services

The welfare of you and your family is important to us, if you are in need of urgent assistance please note:

  • Adult Social Care –urgent social care intervention that cannot wait until the next working day: 01522 782155
  • Adult Safeguarding – where an adult may be experiencing abuse or neglect. Please note: If you believe a crime has been committed or there is an immediate risk of danger, call the police on 999 or 101
  • Children’s Services – immediate and significant risk of harm: 01522 782111, or if outside normal working hours: 01522 782333


District Councils

The county council is the upper tier of local government, below which are seven district councils with responsibility for services such as housing, planning applications, council tax and refuge collection. 

Find your local council

The districts of Lincolnshire are listed below with their contact details. Each council has also established a dedicated single point of contact for all enquiries associated with the Homes for Ukraine scheme.


Boston Borough Council

Tel: 01205 314200
Website: www.mybostonuk.com
Email: Housing.Standards@boston.gov.uk


City of Lincoln Council

Tel: 01522 881188
Website: www.lincoln.gov.uk
Email: UkraineSPOC@lincoln.gov.uk


East Lindsey District Council

Tel: 01507 601111
Website: www.e-lindsey.gov.uk
Email: HousingStandards@e-lindsey.gov.uk


North Kesteven District Council

Tel: 01529 414155
Website: www.n-kesteven.gov.uk
Email: HomesforUkraine@n-kesteven.gov.uk


South Holland District Council

Tel: 01775 761161
Website: www.sholland.gov.uk
Email: Privatehousing@sholland.gov.uk


South Kesteven District Council

Tel: 01476 406080
Website: www.southkesteven.gov.uk
Email: UkraineSPOC@southkesteven.gov.uk


West Lindsey District Council

Tel: 01427 676676
Website: www.west-lindsey.gov.uk


Where you are staying should be available for you for as long as you need a safe place to stay.  However, in exceptional circumstances where the arrangement has irretrievably broken down and you have no alternative options, the Homelessness Team at the council will be able to offer you information, advice and assistance.  Please use the links above to access the council that covers the area where you are currently staying.


Housing services

District Councils are responsible for housing services, including emergency homelessness situations. The table below contains the contact details for each district’s housing team, and an out-of-hours phone number should there be an emergency need for accommodation.

District Council

During Office Hours

Outside of Office Hours



01205 362151

City of Lincoln


01522 534747

East Lindsey


01507 601111

North Kesteven


01529 308308

South Holland


01522 782235

South Kesteven


01476 590044

West Lindsey


01427 613960


Feedback Form Sign up