In Lincolnshire, you are automatically eligible if you:
- receive the Higher Rate of the Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (HRMCDLA)
- are registered blind or severely sight-impaired
- receive 8 points or more under the ‘Moving Around’ section within the Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- receive a War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement; a benefit under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS); or are certified as having a permanent and substantial disability by the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA)
You may also be eligible if you:
- are unable to walk or can only walk with severe difficulty
- have a severe disability in both arms, drive an adapted car and are unable to operate, or have considerable difficulty operating, a parking meter
- have a child who must always be accompanied by bulky medical equipment
- have a child who must always be kept near a motor vehicle for treatment or transport
Blue Badges are only issued for permanent conditions. You cannot have a temporary badge.
You can apply for a Blue Badge by visiting the gov.uk website. There is a £10 fee for all new or renewed badges issued by Lincolnshire County Council. Unsuccessful applications will not be charged.
For more information about eligibility and how to apply for a Blue Badge, including a physical application form or support visit the Lincolnshire County Council Blue Badge website.