Talk about your worries with your friends and family as well as know that there are confidential services and professionals you can talk to.
Movember signposts to a wide variety of organisations which can support you.
If you are worried about your mental health, there are services which can support you.
- LPFT's Lincolnshire Talking Therapies service can help you with a range of talking therapies, advice and guidance.
- Men Matter counselling service is there to listen to you.
There is also support available in the community, to see a full list, visit the Activities directory. For men's only groups see below:
- Team Talk - This is a Lincoln City Foundation mental health programme for people aged over 16. They provide a safe space and physical activity sessions.
- Development Plus - offer a men's group, as well as other projects, to reduce feelings of isolation and loneliness, opportunities to make new friends, socialise and learn new skills.
- The Men's Shed - community spaces for men to connect, converse and create.
- Bro Pro UK - they offer a safe space for men to socialise and talk. They meet across 6 locations and offer peer to peer support through lived experience as well as access to counselling therapy and wellbeing services.
- Andy's Man Club - offering peer support groups in person and online, with groups in Lincoln and Grimsby.
Evidence suggests there are 5 steps you can take to help improve your mental health and wellbeing: Connect, Be Active, Take Notice, Keep Learning and Give. Take a look at the 5 ways to wellbeing to find out what you can do to look after your personal wellbeing (5 ways to wellbeing poster).
If you struggle with issues that affect your mental health, there are confidential services you can talk to and people who can help. Don't feel alone, reach out.
- Debt - If you need help with debt, visit our managing money and debt page or Citizens Advice.
- Gambling - For help with gambling, see GamCare or visit the NHS website.
- Bereavement - If you are going through bereavement and feel like you need support, visit our bereavement page to find suitable help. The NHS website offers information for bereavement and loss.
- Alcohol and Drugs - For support with alcohol and drugs, visit wearewithyou.
If you are worried about your health, for example your weight or unhealthy habits - each out to One You Lincolnshire. If you are worried about your physical health, pain or discomfort you may experience, don't bottle it in - call 111 for non-emergencies or see your GP.